This is particularly true in software companies, where everyone has an idea on how to "fix" the creativity issues.
While not related to only creativity, couple of myths that people have about software engineering is -
- Software Engineering is just a fancy word for Coding.
- There is no difference between a Software Engineer and a Software Programmer
- Gathering Requirements, and spending time on design is a waste of time
- Following Software Process stifles Creativity
- Buy a house that does not have a plan
- Buy a car that is not certified to be safe
- Buy clothes that look good but tear within an hour of putting it on.
- Eat food that appears beautiful (a.k.a creative) but unhygienic.