If we analyze the Ferrari, McLaren foursome's season, no one really was consistent throughout the season.
1. KR. Started in style at Aus, but then slipped back until the European leg was truly underway. Starting from France, Kimi has finished on the Podium in all races except Germany, and has never qualified below 3rd except at Monza where he was 5th. So, one can say that he was really consistent in the next half of the season.
2. LH. His season too had 2 different halves. In the first half, he was really on top, finishing on the podium in every race until Germany. From Germany it was a sea-saw. He won 2 race but also finished up and down the order. After the Japanese GP, he had over a 90% chance of winning the championship but still lost. I think the pressure was getting to him in the second half of the season and that started affecting his results.
3. FA. I think he had a fairly inconsistent season. He would win one race and then finish 7th or something in the next. Take Monaco, Canada, USGP and France. In those 4 races FA finished 1st, 7th, 2nd and 7th respectively. He followed that with a 2nd place at Silverstone. I think it was this inconsistency that lost him the championship and NOT just losing points to LH.
4. Massa. Had a lukewarm start but then won a couple of races in a row. If we look at his results, they just weren't good enough. Lots of podiums and lots of retirements as well. No bulletproof reliability in his Ferrari this season.
Guys who were winners this season
1. KR. Super star!
2. LH. Despite the hype created by the English press, he really is very good. The second season would be interesting.
3. Kubica. Cool show all season
4. Heikki. Maybe a bit up and down but improved considerably over the season
5. Vettel. This guy has talent and could do wonders in a good car.
6. Alonso. Despite all the temper tantrums and angry fits, I think he did the best he could. He had a new team with a style that's possibly alien to his own and yet he managed to hold his own. I hope he stays in McLaren.
Guys who shouldn't have raced. (Bit cruel here but that just my opinion).
1. Ralf. I'm not a natural fan of his. He's always blown hot and blown cold but this season it was colder than ever.
2. Rubens. Not much to say here. The Honda was pretty poor, and he did manage to out drive Button a couple times, but towards the end there really was no fight.
3. Webber. I'm a fan but this season was not what he would have wanted after leaving Williams last season.
4. Fisi. Less said the better.
Myopic view of f1, formula1