- 4 Tomatoes
- Spaghetti sticks (or whatever they are called)
- A little Basil (Tulsi)
- A few cloves of garlic
- Olive Oil
- A little Mozzarella Cheese
- A dash of Thyme
- A dash of Parsley powder
- A dash of freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Take a pot of water and put about 1 teaspoon of salt in it. Put the spaghetti sticks in and cook over a light flame.
- As the same time, take a large saucepan and pour some olive oil in it.
- Heat the oil till it starts to get hot. Put finely chopped garlic into the olive oil and saute.
- Throw in the Thyme, Parsley Powder and some of the finely chopped basil and continue to saute.
- While the garlic is being sauted, cut 3 tomatoes into quarters. Put the tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic and rest of the Basil into a blender (a.k.a mixie) and make a fine puree.
- By now the garlic would have started to go golden brown. Pour the puree into the saucepan.
- Cut the remaining tomato into quarters and put it into the saucepan.
- Keep the lid open and continue to cook the sauce.
- At the same time keep checking on the spaghetti. Push down the sticks into the water and keep cooking until they soften.
- Both the sauce and spaghetti take about 15-20 minutes to cook. The sauce will reduce from a watery puree to a thick red sauce.
- Slice up a bit of the Mozzarella cheese into small cubes and put them into the sauce.
- Stir the sauce to melt the cheese.
- Drain the spaghetti from the water using a sieve.
- Once the cheese has melted into the sauce put the spaghetti into the sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately!
Myopic view of cool, italian, spaghetti, recipe