Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Traffic Jam on JC Road

On the way to work today, there was a massive traffic jam. Traffic had backed up from Corporation circle at the least. So it was appropriate to change my route and go via route #32.

Yup I have dozens of routes to work and back home. That's the beauty of Bangalore's Traffic system. Since there are thousands of crossroads, and hundreds of one ways are designed in the most unscientific manner, Indian ingeniuity is put to test.

I missed the first right on JC road that goes to Double road. No matter, I took the next right just before Ravindra Kalakshetra and reached Mission road. The problem with mission road is that there is no way we can get onto Residency road from mission road. The flyover is now a one-way in the opposite direction.

So, the only option is to head towards Langford Road, Hosur Road and Johnson's Market. Richmond road is a one way as well, so one has to turn right at Johnson's market and head to Lifestyle and Hosmat. Now there are two options - Head straight towards Trinity Circle or turn right and head towards Airport Road.

It had been some time since I had been on Airport Road and I decided to head that way. Then its onto Cambridge Layout and Indiranagar. From then on its easy.

The net effect? I lost only 5-10 minutes from my usual schedule. It usually takes 35 minutes to reach work and today it took about 40-45 minutes.

No comments: